Hillsborough Projects Included in State Transportation Plan
A rail station in central Hillsborough was included in the N.C. Department of Transportation’s recently approved 2018-2027 State Transportation Improvement Program.
Several Hillsborough projects are included in the N.C. Department of Transportation’s recently approved 2018-2027 State Transportation Improvement Program.
The program identifies construction funding for and scheduling of transportation projects at the state level. Additional information and a map showing project locations can be found on the NCDOT website.
Hillsborough projects in the program include:
- Building a rail station, platform and parking in central Hillsborough.
- Building a 100-space park-and-ride lot for GoTriangle’s bus route 420 and Orange-Durham Express.
- Widening South Churton Street from Interstate 40 to the Eno River and adding traffic lanes, a landscaped median, bicycle lanes and sidewalks.
- Extending Orange Grove Road from South Churton Street east to U.S. 70 and building sidewalks and bicycle lanes.
- Improving interchanges on Interstate 85 at South Churton Street and N.C. 86.
- Adding lanes to Interstate 40.